Why Thrive?

Why Thrive?
Click on the image to learn more about why people are using Thrive!

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Personalized Emergency Preparedness


Ever wonder if you're prepared for an emergency? Thrive has a personalized emergency planner to help you be sure that you and your family have everything you will need. You enter the age and gender of everyone you want to include in your pack. It's important, because if you mark there is a women in say her 20's, then the emergency kit will include items like tampons. This also affects how many energy bars and other items you need.

Here is the screen where you enter the number the specifications of those in your household
Here you can select specifcs about your kit, including disaster needs in your area
Be certain to adjust your number of days desired

This is the page that begins to outline the items you need, note how I crossed out the prices, and see the note below about how to lower the price!

The price shocked me when I first looked at it, but the first thing you need to do is go through and check out which items you already have. Many things you have around the house. I suggest having a family preparedness night, and play a scavenger hunt game with your family. Print of items from this list for the scavenger hunt. Get backpacks from Goodwill, or use old school backpacks, and have everyone fill up the items from the list.

Next, to make it cheaper, I can get to the discounted event price for any of the larger items. Just tell me what you are after, and I'll get you a better price quote. We can work out my putting in the order a few different ways.

I recommend checking it out, just to see what things you should have on hand. You can find the planner by clicking this link.


No comments:

Post a Comment